The PediVAS blood pump is an extracorporeal circulatory support device providing hemodynamic stabilization for patients in need of cardiopulmonary assistance.
PediVAS is CE-Marked in Europe for use up to 30 days to provide hemodynamic support for pediatric patients as a bridge to recovery, transplant, or a short-term VAD. PediVAS is also CE-Marked in Europe for use up to 30 days as a component of an extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) circuit to provide support to pediatric patients in need of cardiac and/or respiratory assist.
PediVAS offers a range of features and benefits:
- Magnetically-levitated pump impeller provides a contact-free environment to help minimize blood-related complications such as hemolysis
- Simple to implant and manage
- Capable of delivering flows up to 1.7 LPM
- Utilizes the same hardware as the CentriMag blood pump
- PediVAS system is fully transportable via air or ground ambulance utilizing the compact System Transporter