The CentriMag blood pump is an extracorporeal circulatory support device providing hemodynamic stabilization in patients in need of cardiopulmonary support. CentriMag is CE-Marked in Europe for use up to 30 days to provide hemodynamic support for patients as a bridge to recovery, transplant, or a short-term VAD. CentriMag is also CE-Marked in Europe for use up to 30 days as a component of an extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) circuit to provide support to patients in need of cardiac and/or respiratory assist.
CentriMag offers a range of features and benefits:
- Magnetically-levitated pump impeller provides a contact-free environment to help minimize blood-related complications such as hemolysis 13
- Simple to implant and manage
- Capable of delivering high flows up to 9.9 LPM 14
- Utilizes same hardware as PediVas® blood pump
- CentriMag system is fully transportable via air or ground ambulance utilizing the compact System Transporter