MediGuide™ Technology is the first and only solution to enable navigation of devices on pre-recorded X-ray images which allows the physician to reduce the duration of live X-ray during a procedure. MediGuide™ Technology applies 3D visualization and precise navigation to a pre-recorded 2D X-ray image and can be used by the physician to perform complex electrophysiology procedures and CRT implants.
The ability to use pre-recorded X-ray images, instead of live X-ray during a procedure, is consistent with the radiation principle, As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA).
- MediGuide™ Technology uses a low-powered electromagnetic field to locate device-based sensors in 3D space
- Position and orientation of devices are displayed on the corresponding pre-recorded X-ray images
- With the use of pre-recorded X-ray images, MediGuide™ Technology creates a real-time clinical environment that:
- Adjusts automatically for changes in heart rate, respiratory motion and patient movement
- Provides bi-plane visualization with
- Adds additional perspective and improves workflow during catheter navigation